Skip to main content

Aquadoodle Review


After seeing how much fun the kids were having with the Aquadoodle Mat (by Spinmaster) at their friend's birthday party, I thought I would get one for them to play with at home.  I went to the toy store, purchased the Aquadoodle Classic Mat and brought it home.


It only came with one pen so I also had to purchase an Aquadoodle Brush and Pen set. The girls were excited as they love to draw and I was excited because they would have something to keep them busy for a bit, but wouldn't create much of a mess. After all, the "paint" in this case is only water. :)


I thought that this was a fun play item that they would actually enjoy using for a long time considering most other toys are usually played with for a mere week before they move onto a different toy. I was right, and the children did want to draw and paint with the Aquadoodle after the first week.


However, after only a week, the mat was no longer as functional as it once was. There would be a delay before drawing would show up and sometimes the markings would not show up were faint. I checked to see if it was the pen or paint brush that was not working correctly, but they seemed to be fine, so I concluded that the mat was the issue.

I looked at the Aquadoodle (Spinmaster) website to see if I could get some further information on the product and there was a customer service phone number readily available so I gave them a call. Unfortunately, the person who answered the call couldn't really help me. She suggested that the mat was perhaps folded up and stored away while it was still wet and this may have been the cause for the mat to be performing this way. This didn't really solve the issue since our Aquadoodle Mat was always stored flat on the table in the playroom, and never folded up.

I'm not sure if the Aquadoodle Classic Mat was just not meant to last or if we just happened to get one that was defective, but I certainly will not take the chance of finding out by purchasing another one. I think I will stick with the traditional paper and pencil crayons or markers from now on. They are always reliable and cost a lot less. Lol.

Comments

Chrissyb said…
Thanks for the review. We thought of getting one for my son.

following you from the blog hop! hope you follow back!
Denise said…
I had one of these for my daughter when she was younger. She absolutely loved it! I thought it was great too. No mess. I'm a new follower from Thursday's Friends Cafe Blog Hop. I hope you will follow me back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I can be found in facebook too http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and twitter @DeniseLillaRose If you like/follow me there I will do the same for you. When you stop by my blog, please check out my kind of fashion (hair jewelry).

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Homemade Donuts

There's nothing like a fresh donut! Make them easily at home with just a few ingredients and customize them to your liking. Dip them in cinnamon and sugar, drizzle chocolate on top, add some sprinkles or icing too! 

Take a look and see how simple it is to make your own donuts. Enjoy!

8 Of The Best Kitchen Appliances To Make No Fuss Food

It's always nice to take a break from cooking, but when you're having a lazy day and don't want to cook or go out, these are fun to use and will help you cook up a nice meal without a fuss!We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may receive a share of the sales from the links on this page.


1.Hamilton Beach Dual Breakfast Sandwich Maker





Make two of your favourite sandwiches in just 5 minutes. Perfect for those who can't agree on one type of sandwich because you can customize each one! Single Sandwich Maker also available.

2. Super Pot




Use it as a slow cooker or skillet. You choose! Once you get one, you won't remember how you got on without it. Also available in black.
3.  Cuisinart Smart Stick Immersion Blender



Whisk, chop, grind and mix with the Cuisinart Smart Stick Immersion Blender

4. Instant Pot Multifunctional Pressure Cooker


Has 14 built-in smart programs, including "steam," "sauté," "poultry," "slow cook,…

Budget Friendly Freezer Burritos

Whether it's breakfast burritos, lunch burritos, burritos for dinner or just a snack, this recipe has got you covered. Enjoy them immediately and freeze them for later too! 

Beef & Bean Burritos Makes: 6 burritos INGREDIENTS 1 pound ground beef 2 tablespoons taco seasoning 6 flour tortillas 1 16-ounce can refried beans 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend PREPARATION 1. Add ground beef to a large skillet over high heat and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Cook, breaking up the meat, until browned. Drain the fat and set aside to cool. 2. Assemble the burritos by microwaving the flour tortilla for 20 seconds, and begin to layer burrito starting with refried beans, followed by the cooked beef and cheese. 3. Fold in the left and right sides of the tortilla and roll it up from the bottom, tucking the bottom edge under the filling. Wrap in parchment paper and label. Freeze up to 1 month. 4. To reheat from frozen, wrap the burrito in a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes, f…