Decorating my house has always been a challenge for me as no one can really tell you how to decorate your house. Personal style plays a key role, however, I feel like my style has changed a lot since I purchased my first home. Being on my third home now, and having lived in it or more than six years, it is time for a change.
The following are a few things that have helped me and may help you as well when it comes to decorating your house:
1. Look through magazines and visit model homes to get ideas about different types of decor.
2. Decide which types of decor suit your lifestyle and make you feel comfortable in your home.
3. Choose a color theme for each room.
4. Set a budget and look for deals so that you can get what you want and still stay within your budget.
5. Take your time! If you are going to stay in your house for several years, it is a good idea to take your time finding the right pieces to decorate your house. Rushing and potentially purchasing significant pieces of furniture that you will want to replace after only a short period of time is not only time consuming, but can be costly.
Most importantly, have fun!
I don't have a lot of time to visit several stores so One Kings Lane has been a big help! Right now, the One Kings Lane Day of Furniture is on through Thursday, 1/31, this event features pieces for every room and has great options for every design aesthetic.
Even if you aren't decorating your house, it is always fun to look!